Friday, September 23, 2011

2 versus 3

For the most part, it seems that most people want as many kids as they grew up with. This holds true in our case. I came from a family of 2 kids, and I want 2 kids. My husband came from a family of 3 kids, and he wants 3 kids. I feel like I should have an itty-bitty more say in this topic, though, since I'm the one who has to be pregnant for 9 months (per child), nurse for 1+ year (per child), not to mention go through the pain of childbirth (per child!), and then chase all of them around all day long since I'm currently a SAHM.

So this is my two cents on the issue: if the next kid is a girl, then I'd be willing to consider having a third child. If the next kid is a boy, though, then we're done. I think that is a fair compromise, no?

1 comment:

  1. LOL...I think that's the exact compromise my parents used (we are girl-girl-boy).

    ReplyDelete